Posted: October 25, 2016
Lumber Mill Wood Processing Workers- sort the lumber produced from raw logs into different sizes, various widths and lengths and species of wood (Oak, walnut Cherry Etc.) workers may prepare rough lumber for Kiln drying by piling, ‘sticking’ and stacking of the wood. Workers may prepare lumber for dispatch to planing and or to internal departments for building of crates and pallets.
Lumber mill workers need strength and stamina. Work is repetitive, physically demanding and can be strenuous. The mill and work buildings are hot in the summer, cold in the winter and are noisy and dusty. Teamwork and alertness by all the lumber mill workers are essential to keep conditions safer for everyone and avoid hazards.
• Ensures compliance in a safe operation of all equipment.
• Maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet company needs and business requirements.
• Attendance at work is an essential function of this job.
• Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance
• Sorting and stacking rough lumber
• Must have reliable transportation
• At least 2 year of work history-full time, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Not afraid to get dirty and work hard
• Must have good physical health, strength, and some mechanical ability
• Good communications skills both verbal and written
• Medical, Dental, Vision and more, fully paid by the Employer after qualifying period!
• DAYS- $15.00 per hour- Monday to Thursday 7-4:30 and Fridays 7-3:30
• NIGHTS- $16.00 per hour –Monday to Thursday 7:45pm - 6:15 am Friday OFF
• NO WEEKENDS (Overtime is available and paid after 44 hours)
• Opportunities for Advancement for those who apply themselves and work hard!
Apply in person
8am – 10:30am
2:30pm - 4pm
24 Kerr Cresent
Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0
Phone: 519-763-1466 x 223
Posted: October 10, 2016
Full-time Pallet Builders required! We are looking for candidates with a great attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to succeed. Builders will be required to manually build pallets, skids and crates using various types and sizes of wood. This is a full-time position with set working hours. Shifts are days or night.
Salary: Two week training period at $18.00 per hour.After the training period earnings typically range from $18.00 to $21.00 per hour depending on piecework completed.
Day Shift Coverage: Base rate of $15.00 per hour
Night Shift Coverage: Base rate of $16.00 per hour
· Day Shift: Monday to Thursday 7:00am to 4:00pm and Friday from 7:00am to 3:00pm
· Night Shift: Monday to Thursday 7:45pm to 6:30am ( Fridays off )
Weekend work not required
· Piecework based position (allows each employee financial growth based on their ability)
· Ideal candidate is flexible for both day and night shift coverage
· Benefits provided to employees after 6 months
· Experience using power tools such as a nail gun, assembly work, carpentry, roofing or framing considered an asset
· Must be physically fit as the job demands heavy lifting up to 50 pounds when required.
· Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read construction blueprints
· Candidate must have their own means of transportation to the job site (public transit not available)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· High school or equivalent
In person to HR
9:00am - 11:00am
And from 2:00pm - 4:00pmPhone: 519-763-1466 x 223